function to get the post id in while (have_posts()) : the_post();
Within the WordPress loop using have_posts() and the_post(), you can directly get the current post's ID using the get_the_ID() function. This function returns the ID of the current post in the loop.
Here's an example of how to use it:
while (have_posts()) : the_post(); $post_id = get_the_ID(); // Get the current post's ID // Rest of your loop code // ... endwhile;
In this code, $post_id will hold the ID of the current post as you loop through the posts using have_posts() and the_post(). You can use this ID for various purposes within the loop.
If you like what you are reading, please consider buying us a coffee ( or 2 ) as a token of appreciation.
Don't forget to share this article! Help us spread the word by clicking the share button below.
We appreciate your support and are committed to providing you valuable and informative content.
We are thankful for your never ending support.
Random Code Snippet Queries: Wordpress
- Add new class to body tag in wordpress
- Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2348617 bytes) in /home/xxx/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line xxx
- Show template file name in wordpress
- Remove class from body tag in wordpress
- How to hide PHP Warnings and Notices in WordPress?
- How to use shop in product category and product permalink in woocommerce
- How to display author avatar in Wordpress 5
- Create shortcode in wordpress functions php
- Remove every class and ID from the wp_nav_menu
- Replace Live Site Url with Local Site URL in wordpress database
- Custom post type in wordpress