How to create a new table from existing table in SQL
There are lots of Queries available in SQL to create a new table from another table. You can create a new table structure from an existing table in the database well as you can copy data from the existing table to the new table.
Create a new table structure with another table in SQL
CREATE TABLE new_table AS (SELECT * FROM old_table WHERE 1=2);0
This SQL query will create a new table with the structure of another table in SQL. This Query will only create the table structure but do not copy data from another table that you are used to creating the new one.
It will not copy indexes and keys.
Create a new table structure with keys and indexes using another table in SQL
CREATE TABLE new_table LIKE existing_table;0
This SQL query creates a new table structure with keys and indexes from another existing table.
Create a new table structure with data from another table in SQL
CREATE TABLE new_table LIKE existing_table; INSERT INTO new_table SELECT * FROM existing_table;0
This Query will create a new table structure and insert data in it from the existing table in SQL. The first query (CREATE TABLE new_table LIKE existing_table) is used to create the table structure with keys and indexes.
Second query (INSERT INTO new_table SELECT * FROM existing_table;) is used to insert data into the table (newly created table) from the existing table.
Random Code Snippet Queries: Sql
- Cannot drop index 'fk_role_id': needed in a foreign key constraint
- SQL query to delete records older than 6 months
- How to check column exists or not in table using MySQL
- Get create table Query from existing table in phpMyAdmin
- SQL query to delete all rows older than 30 days
- Drop foreign id column (user_id) in MySQL
- How to show database tables in mysql using command line
- How to retrieve data from two tables with one SQL statement
- How to check the MySQL version
- Get data in random order with limit from table using mysql
- Database connection using mySQLi with object-oriented
- SQLSTATE: Warning: 1265 Data truncated for column 'visibility' at row 1
- 1553 Cannot drop index 'posts_user_id_foreign': needed in a foreign key constraint
- Get comma separated ids from table using MySQL
- Change existing MySQL table column id to autoincrement
- Create column after a column in existing table using query in MySQL
- Insert multiple rows in a single MySQL query