How to check the MySQL version
Sometimes you need to know about your MySQL version. Knowing the version number of MySQL helps to check if a specific feature is available or compatible with your system. You can run mysql -v command on MySQL command-line client and also run SQL query to the web-based interface (PhpMyAdmin, Adminer) to check the MySQL version.
MySQL command to check the version number
You can run mysql -v command on the MySQL client shell (Command). It will return you the current version of MySQL you have installed.
SHOW VARIABLES LIKE Statement
SHOW VARIABLES LIKE "%version%";0
This SQL query (statement) will provide detailed information about your MySQL installation like MySQL version, innodb_version, protocol_version, tls_version, version_comment, version_compile_machine and version_compile_os.
Select version statement
You can also use the select version statement to get the SQL version. The statement will provide you only the version number of MySQL without any other specification.
Random Code Snippet Queries: Sql
- SQLSTATE: Warning: 1265 Data truncated for column 'visibility' at row 1
- How to check column exists or not in table using MySQL
- Get data in random order with limit from table using mysql
- How to show database tables in mysql using command line
- Database connection using mySQLi with object-oriented
- 1553 Cannot drop index 'posts_user_id_foreign': needed in a foreign key constraint
- How to retrieve data from two tables with one SQL statement
- Get comma separated ids from table using MySQL
- SQL query to delete all rows older than 30 days
- Create column after a column in existing table using query in MySQL
- Insert multiple rows in a single MySQL query
- Drop foreign id column (user_id) in MySQL
- SQL query to delete records older than 6 months
- Change existing MySQL table column id to autoincrement
- Get create table Query from existing table in phpMyAdmin
- Cannot drop index 'fk_role_id': needed in a foreign key constraint
- How to create a new table from existing table in SQL