ERROR 1419 (HY000): You do not have the SUPER privilege and binary logging is enabled
When you encounter the "ERROR 1419 (HY000): You do not have the SUPER privilege and binary logging is enabled" error in MySQL, and you do not have the SUPER privilege, you may be able to resolve the issue by setting the "log_bin_trust_function_creators" variable to 1. However, this solution should be used with caution, as it can be less secure.
You can set the "log_bin_trust_function_creators" variable using an SQL command in MySQL.
Open a terminal or command prompt on your computer.
Type the following command and press Enter.
mysql -u root -p
Enter your password when prompted and press Enter. If the password is correct, you will be logged in to the MySQL shell.
- Now enter the below command.
SET GLOBAL log_bin_trust_function_creators = 1;
This SQL command will set the "log_bin_trust_function_creators" variable to 1 for the current MySQL server instance, allowing non-SUPER users to create functions and procedures that are trusted for replication. However, as I mentioned earlier, this solution should be used with caution, as it can be less secure. It is recommended that you fully understand the risks before using this solution.
Grant supper privilege to user
UPDATE mysql.user SET Super_Priv='Y' WHERE user='user1' AND host='%';
GRANT SUPER on *.* to 'user1'@'%';
Turn of binary logging when not using replication
SET sql_log_bin = OFF;
If you like what you are reading, please consider buying us a coffee ( or 2 ) as a token of appreciation.
Don't forget to share this article! Help us spread the word by clicking the share button below.
We appreciate your support and are committed to providing you valuable and informative content.
We are thankful for your never ending support.
Random Code Snippet Queries: Sql
- How to create a new table from existing table in SQL
- Check constraint in MySQL
- How to retrieve data from two tables with one SQL statement
- Drop foreign id column (user_id) in MySQL
- Get comma separated ids from table using MySQL
- Database connection using mySQLi with object-oriented
- Cannot drop index 'fk_role_id': needed in a foreign key constraint
- Insert multiple rows in a single MySQL query
- Create column after a column in existing table using query in MySQL
- How to check column exists or not in table using MySQL
- SQLSTATE: Warning: 1265 Data truncated for column 'visibility' at row 1
- SQL query to delete records older than 6 months
- SQL query to delete all rows older than 30 days
- Get create table Query from existing table in phpMyAdmin
- How to check the MySQL version
- Get data in random order with limit from table using mysql
- How to show database tables in mysql using command line
- MySQL create procedure example
- Change existing MySQL table column id to autoincrement
- 1553 Cannot drop index 'posts_user_id_foreign': needed in a foreign key constraint